This fan art is based on the concept used for the game Bioshock 2, and was a 4 week project created as part of my university unit. As there is both a healthy and unhealthy version of the character in the concept art, I thought it would be a good exercise to do both for contrast. It was the first time I had used Substance Painter, and is definitely something I want to learn much more of.
I began the high-poly in ZBrush, which I retopologzied using Topogun so I could then create the base form of the dress in Marvelous Designer. I added more detail to the dress in ZBrush which I retopologized and textured everything in Substance Painter. The low-poly model was rigged in 3Ds Max and then set-up in Unreal Engine 4.
The hair shader I used was the one found in the UE4 Content Example pack. I replaced the maps used in the shader with my own custom ones and changed the settings accordingly. The hair planes and textures were made using ZBrush, xNormal and Photoshop.